Forgive the hiatus, Parishioners,
we have been gravely ill.
grâce á your prayers, however,
we are on the mend.
Much time was given over to Reflection – which is never a Bad Thang –
and we rejoin Life
filled with the joi of Lazarus.
One of the chores of returning to work after a prolonged absence, however,
is trawling through one thousand emails…
Nonetheless, I was quite pleased to find this:
- 1. You are miserable.
2. You don’t know why.
3. But actually, you really do know why.
4. It’s because, deep down, face it, you’re a fucking coward.
5. But cheer up, it’s not too late.
6. If only you would take responsibility for your life.
7. This is my rifle and this is my gun.
8. God grant you the wisdom to know the difference.
9. But in your pride, you have turned away from the Great Spirit, Wakan Tanka – from the Jewel in the Lotus to the babe in the Porsche – and so, my friend…
10. It’s all your fault!
So I resolve to double & redouble my efforts, Parishioners,
and to Be A Better Parson™
The mail came from Br Christopher Locke –
proprietor of Mystic Bourgeousie
and an author of The Cluetrain Manifesto
A single paragraph summarises the essential position taken by the writers:
“A powerful global conversation has begun. Through the Internet, people are discovering and inventing new ways to share relevant knowledge with blinding speed. As a direct result, markets are getting smarter – and getting smarter faster than most companies.”
The 95 Theses of The Cluetrain Manifesto may be found here:
I greatly admire his vitriol and persistence!